Whats New for 2021
Whether you're a 2021 Caravan participant or an old-timer who is coming back after a break, this page will bring you up to speed on notable changes for the 2021 Caravan. If you're brand new to the Caravan, you can use this information to supplement the other background information elsewhere on the site.
Updates for 2021:
- The Mooney Caravan safety committee and Flight Operations Committee has completed their internal review of the flight incident occurring enroute to OSH 2019. Here is a link to view their findings and suggestions for improvements in our formation education practices. The improvements have been adopted starting January 2020 and are now part of our standard operating procedures at our formation clinics and future operations of the Mooney Caravan.
- The 2021 Caravan will be limited to 67 aircraft based on availability of leads and ramp space. Register early!
- Upon completing Caravan registration, members will receive access to a members-only website containing detailed Caravan guides, documents, and procedures. The documents you need to participate in a clinic will still be available on this public website.
- You can find gear and apparel with Mooney Caravan logos at our new online store! (Remember to click "Apply Logo" before adding items to your cart.)
- We will offer a Sunday-night dinner (details TBD) and breakfasts Monday and Tuesday morning. The activities of the BBQ we previously held on Tuesday night will be incorporated into the Sunday dinner.
- We expect parking on the east ramp at the Wisconsin Aviation FBO instead of remote south-ramp parking! This will simplify ingress/egress and will put us closer to our great hosts at Wisconsin Aviation.
See the Mooney Caravan Covid-19 update here.
More changes are coming soon! Visit periodically to see the latest changes.
- Mooney Caravan online store Partnership with Lands End Business to select a variety of Mooney Caravan logo wear for your wants and needs. Various shirts, rain gear, coats, bags, and hats. Add the Mooney Caravan logo for a small fee. If your squadron want specific wear, we can get that done as well.